Saturday 7 April 2018

BACK TO THE '80s





To be honest I've never been a fan of  '80s music, or better, not until a few months ago.  I used to snub it but now I must say that I like quite a few songs of that period.
So, what I want to share with you today, is my top 5 list bands from the 80s!


PINK FLOYD

They're an English rock band formed in 1965 by Syd Barrett, Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Richard Wright and Nick Mason.
They performed for more than 30 years.
Their first album was The piper at the gates of dawn and it was published in 1967 while their last album was The endless river and it was published in 2014.
Nowadays the members of the band are three since Syd Barrett and Richard Wright died.
My absolute favourite song of this band is Another Brick In The Wall What about watching the video? 


BON JOVI

They're an American hard rock band formed in 1983 by 5 members, the lead vocalist is Jon Bon Jovi. They had an enormous success in the late '80s and in the '90s.They still make music at present.
They've sold around 83 million albums around the world.
I recommend two songs by Bon Jovi: the first one is Livin' On A Prayer  and the second one is 2000  It's my life 


DURAN DURAN


They're an English band formed in 1978 by Simon Lee Bon who is the lead vocal, John Taylor   the bassist , Nick Rhodes   the keyboardist and Rogger Taylor   the drummer.
They're famous all around the world and during their career they have sold more than 100 million albums worldwide.
You should listen to The Wild Boys
 and to Save A Prayer  


SPANDAU BALLET

They're an English band made up, in 1979, by the Kemp brothers who are the guitarists, Tony Hadley, the vocalist, and Steve Norman, the saxophonist.
They split in 1990 and in 2009 they decided to get back together.
During their career they released 15 albums! The songs that I suggest you to listen are Gold   and True both included in the 1983 album True.



DIRE STRAITS



They were a British rock band made up in 1977 in London by Mark Knopfler, David Knoplfler, John Illsley and Pick Withers. They split in 1988, reformed in 1991 and finally broke up in 1995.
During their career they won 4 Grammy Awards and 3 Brit Awards.
They're famous all around the world.
An interesting thing is that they chose the name Dire Straits because it represented their financial condition in the early days.
I used to listen to their songs when I was a child 'cause my father loved – and still loves - them!
I like many of their songs,  for example Romeo and Juliet  or  Brothers in Arms 



So, that's all! I hope you've enjoyed this journey back in time and into good music. Let me know if you have any other suggestions as for music from the 80s!



MARIA VITTORIA     

No comments:

Post a Comment