Wednesday 7 February 2018

10 MOVIES YOU CANNOT MISS


You know,  I love watching movies.  Today I’ll share with you my top 10 movie list. My absolute favorite is Inception directed by Chrisopher Nolan, who is my favourite filmmaker.

I have already written a  post about Chrisopher Nolan's movies so in this post I won't mention his movies even if I love all of them.

So let's start with my top ten movies you cannot miss!!

MEET JOE BLACK


This movie is a masterpiece directed by Martin Brest. It tells the story of a billionaire media tycoon Bill Parrish, whose ordinary life is suddenly altered by the arrival of a weird man named Joe Black. He will fall in love with Bill's daughter, Susan... But only Bill knows that Joe Black is actually the embodiment of Death.

DONNIE DARKO


It's a 2001 science fiction movie. The protagonist is  Donnie Darko, a troubled teenager who receives disturbing visions from a bunny called Frank. This bunny tells him the world will end in 28 days. These 28 days will be tough for Donnie.
If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you to watch it carefully!


ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND
 

I hope you have already watched it otherwise you should watch it as soon as possible. I'm sure you'll thank me!
The protagonists are Joel Barish, played by Jim Carrey and Clementine Kruczynski, played by Kate Winslet.
I don't want to spoil the movie so I'll tell you only the essential.
On a Valentine day Joel decides to go to Montauk instead of working, after having spent all day in the beach he decides to go back home and while he's at the train station he meets a girl, Clementine.
They fall in love but they cannot remember that they were mates in the past because...


THE GREAT GATSBY


'' In my younger and more vulnerable years, my father gave me some advice. <<Always try to see the best in people,>> he would say. As a consequence, I'm inclined to reserve all judgements. ''

-Nick Carraway


This movie is based on Francis Scott Fitzgerald's novel.
During the 1920s the midwesterner Nick Carraway decided to move to a tiny house in Long Island looking for a better life!
There his life will be shifted by his rich neighbour Jay Gatsby. Nick is attracted to the luxurious world of the great Gatsby and Nick will live new crazy and unsual experiences with him ...


MINORITY REPORT


I've seen this movie a few days ago and I was really  impressed.
This movie is directed by Steven Spielberg. It's set in Washington in 2054 and murder has been totally eliminated thanks to a law enforcing squad called Precrime. John Anderton is the head of precrime and he firmly believes in this system. They uses 3 gifted human beings called Precog  to find killers before they commit their crimes because these 3 human beings are able to predict crimes, they have never made a mistake so far, but guess what? According to them the next killer will be John Anderton! As soon as he discovers that he will be the next killer, John decides to escape, he's convinced that it's a mistake caused  by one of the Precogs. This chance of having a wrong vision is usually called Minority Report,  but John will discover that it's not a mistake...


THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA


This is an enjoyable movie and whenever I have the chance I watch it! This is the story of a young woman, Andy who has  just graduated. She'd like to be a journalist but for awhile she has to be content with being the second assistant of a successful woman, Miranda Priestly.
She is the editor in-chief of the most important fashion magazine titled Runway!
At first their working relationship is catastrophic but then they will become nearly friends. 


DEAD POETS SOCIETY


I think this movie is a great masterpiece. It's directed by Peter Weir.
This is the story of Mr Keating , an English professor , and his students.
Mr Keating is not the ordinary professor, he has something more than others.
The message he wants to convey to his students through his lessons is to seize the day because we only live once and so we should take our risks and our responsabilities.


NOW YOU SEE ME

 
This is a charismatic and surprising movie directed by Louis Letterier.
Four magicians are invited to meet in a strange flat but they actually don't know why they are there.
A year later the four magicians become popular as THE FOUR HORSEMEN. During the first episode of their tv show in L.A . they steal money in a French bank helped by the audience.
So an FBI agent and an Interpol Detective have to cooperate to catch them but it won't be so easy because...


THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS


I've seen this movie at least 5 times and whenever I watch it I cry because it's a very emotional movie and probably even because it's based on a true story.
It's directed by Italian Gabriele Muccino.
It's the story of Christopher Gardner , a man who has invested all his money in a device known as a bone destiny scanner but this investment is a failure. So his wife leaves him because she believes he's not a good and reliable father. He wants to demonstrate her that she's wrong and at the end of the story he'll succed.

'' Don't ever let somebody tell you can't do something ''

-Chirtopher Gardner


LOVE AND OTHER DRUGS


The protagonist of this movie is Maggie, a young woman who suffers from  Parkinson. For this reason she doesn't let anybody tie her down.
She wants to live her life free until she meets Jamie who’s a playboy. His irresistible charm helps him with ladies and with his job since he's a pharmaceutic seller.
They'll fall in love and this love will upset their lives.

As you can see I love different kinds of movies, from sci-fi to drama.

Let me know if you have seen one of these movies and if you want you can tell me what your favorite movies are. Don’t be shy!

MARIA VITTORIA

No comments:

Post a Comment