Sunday 14 May 2017

EVERY MUM IS A HEROINE


MOTHER’S DAY TO ME MEANS …

You may not know what day it is today but it's May the 14th which means Mother's Day! Mother's Day is a celebration honoring the influence of mothers in society.

Maybe you didn't know it or you just don't give it much importance but this festivity is really important to me. I remember when I was at primary school and our teacher made us do some DIY assignments for our mothers. I really enjoyed those moments because I worked hard to make my mother happy and proud of me.

Somehow, when you grow up, you lose this magic, you even forget this festivity and I think it's really sad. We should keep in mind this celebration at least once a year just to let our mothers know how much we love them, even though we argue from time to time.

A BIT OF HISTORY

This celebration was created in 1908 by Anna Jarvis who held a memorial for her mother, although the very first Mother's day was held in 1887 in Henderson for the will of Mary Towles Sasseen, the original creator of this celebration. However, Anna Jarvis began her campaign to make "Mother's Day" a recognised holiday in the United States in 1905 when her mother died. Anna Jarvis wanted to honor her mother by continuing the work she started and to set aside a day to honor all mothers because she believed that they were "the person who has done more for you than anyone in the world". The first state which recognised Mother's Day as a local holiday was West Virginia. Anna specifically noted that "Mother's" should "be a singular, for each family to honor their own mother, not plural commemorating all mothers in the world."

EVERY MUM IS A HEROINE

They made a movie last year about this festivity called "Mother's Day". It tells the story of four different moms who show their maternal bond, sometimes it is conflicted, but always strong and a bit crazy! This movie wants to remind us of how every mother is, in her own way, a heroine, which is true! Just think of the meaning of the word.



Mom = A SUPERWOMAN who puts her children's happiness and well-being ahead of her own.

I said superwoman because a mother is like a teacher since she teaches her children the hard lessons, to do the right thing, even when she is not sure what the right thing is... and she forgives her kids, over and over again, for doing everything wrong.

MY MUM

When I think of my mum I feel lucky to have her in my life because she is kind, lovely, patient and she is always there when I need help or I feel down. She is a best friend, a sister, a wife, a cooker, a housewife, a great worker. She can be everything. That's what a mother is.

My mother is a woman like no other. She gave me life, taught me, dressed me, fought for me, shouted at me, kissed me but most importantly loved me unconditionally. There are not enough words to describe how important my mother has been to me, and what a powerful influence she continues to be. She is a SUPERWOMAN because the energy of her love could light up the entire world.

Sometimes she surprises me when she talks about me and my sister, she says we are her life and without us she could never live, she says she would do anything just to see us two happy. I'm very impressed of how much love she feels for us, I think it is the most powerful thing in the world. The love of a mother is a constant force that never ends.

Often we don't really appreciate what our mothers do for us to live a better life, but they deserve all the love in this world and maybe even more.

I tried to explain what a mother is for me but it's not really easy, now I want to know how much your mother means to you! Don’t be shy and tell me in the comment section.



IN HONOR OF THE BEST MOTHER WHO EVER LIVED... YOUR MOTHER!

Anteprima

Karina

4 comments:

  1. I love my mom, she is the best person I've ever known❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to all the mums reading Let's Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy mother's Day to every mothers all over the world!

    ReplyDelete