Saturday 21 January 2017

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO J.R.R. TOLKIEN


January is an important month for literature. It was  the birthday of an illustrious writer,  J.R.R. Tolkien, on the 3rd.  His novels “The Hobbit” and “The Lord of the Rings” are loved by billions people. His fans from across the world, each year on 3rd January, celebrate the Professor’s birthday with a simple toast-drinking ceremony. All they need to do is simple, they raise a glass of their choice of drink (not necessarily alcoholic) and say the words “To the Professor” before taking a sip. They sit and enjoy the rest of the drink. In 1955 Tolkien wrote a wonderful book called “The Lord of the Rings”, I know you know (sorry for the pun) much about this novel but in this article there are many things which few people are aware of.  



 1) January is an important month for literature. It was  the birthday of an illustrious writer,  J.R.R. Tolkien, on the 3rd.  His novels “The Hobbit” and “The Lord of the Rings” are loved by billions people. His fans from across the world, each year on 3rd January, celebrate the Professor’s birthday with a simple toast-drinking ceremony. All they need to do is simple, they raise a glass of their choice of drink (not necessarily alcoholic) and say the words “To the Professor” before taking a sip. They sit and enjoy the rest of the drink. In 1955 Tolkien wrote a wonderful book called “The Lord of the Rings”, I know you know (sorry for the pun) much about this novel but in this article there are many things which few people are aware of.  



2) Tolkien was a language lover in fact he invented fantastic languages and inspired by them he wrote The Lord of the Rings. The most important are: Sindarin and Quenya (connected to Welsh gaelic and Finnish).

3) The mountains on a satellite of Saturn take their names from Tolkien’s masterpiece. Their names come from the mountains of Middle Earth. For instance, “Grey mountains”, “Mount Doom”, “Mindolluin” and “Lonely mountains”. 


 The Lord of the Rings” trilogy has been adapted for the big screen in a series of films directed by Peter Jackson. The films are: The Fellowship of the Ring , The Two Towers and The Return of the King . If you have never seen those movies, you must catch up with them!

Meanwhile their trailers could excite your curiosity. Here they are:

THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING

THE TWO TOWERS



THE RETURN OF THE KING


 DO YOU LIKE THE LORD OF THE RINGS?
HAVE YOU EVER READ THE NOVELS?
DO YOU PREFER THE MOVIES OR THE BOOKS?
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MOVIES?
     Giovanni Benito

11 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of his books but I've seen "The Lord of the Rings" and I really liked it. Great post G.B.πŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like "The Lord of the Rings". It's a very beautiful trilogy.. I have never read the books, but I have seen all of the films. My favourite is "The Return of the King" and my favourite Character is Legolas. Talkien was a very good writer and he had a lot of imagination.😍 "To The professor" ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tolkien is one of my favourite writers. I read "The Hobbit" and "The lord of the rings", but I prefer the first one. My favourite movies are "the fellowship of the ring" and "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey".I love Legolas and Bilbo😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Bilbo too πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ»

      Delete
  4. I love Tolkien.
    I'm reading "The Lord of the Rings" again. It's my favourite story at all.
    My favourite movie is "The Return of The King",the last one..but my favourite book is "the fellowship of the ring",the first one
    GOOD JOB,G.B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post GB! I love Tolkien,he is great! I watched all his movies but I never read his books! My favourite movie is 'The return of the king'😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The return of the king is a wonderful movie 😍

      Delete
  6. Good job GB! I like Tolkien so much! I have never read his books but i have seen all of the movies!❤

    ReplyDelete